a) The beta release of Vim - v7.0b (see here).
b) Having accepted an offer to work for Google in Zurich (Good luck Bram!).
For us Vim fans, here's whats new:
- Spell checking support for about 50 languages
- Intelligent completion: Omni completion
- Tab pages, each containing multiple windows
- Undo branches: never accidentally lose text again
- Vim script supports Lists and Dictionaries (similar to Python)
- Vim script profiling
- Improved Unicode support
- Highlighting of matching parens, cursor line and cursor column
- Translated manual pages for French