From: "Bram Moolenaar" Bram@moolenaar.net
Date: Mon May 8, 2006 2:54am(PDT)
Subject: Vim 7!
Announcing: Vim (Vi IMproved) version 7.0
Vim 7 is ready! After years of development this feature packed editor
is waiting for you.
Since Vim 6.4 many new features have been added. To mention a few:
- Spell checking support for about 50 languages
- Intelligent completion for C, HTML, Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Tab pages, each containing multiple windows
- Undo branches: never accidentally lose text again
- Vim script supports Lists and Dictionaries (similar to Python)
- Vim script profiling
- Improved Unicode support
- Highlighting of cursor line, cursor column and matching braces
- Translated manual pages support.
- Internal grep; works on all platforms, searches compressed files
- Browsing remote directories, zip and tar archives
- Printing multi-byte text
Once you have installed Vim 7.0 you can find details about the changes
since Vim 6.4 with ":help version7".
As usual, the latest Vim can be downloaded here.
And yes, in case you already havent, do also check out and bookmark Vimdoc.org - the place where the documentation for Vim is maintained. Braham also announced that future Mac versions will be avialable at Macvim.org
Tags: mskadu, 2006, Windows, UNIX, Vi, Vim, Gvim, Vim7, Braham Moolenar, Editor